27 September 2011

Quarter-Life Crisis

Being a young college student can be a challenging experience. It will be your first time living away from home and being able to make the majority of your own decisions.  Being that I am a tad bit of a smidgen older than the average college student the outlook of my future is more "reflected on" than the younger cubs. My dilemma has been deciding on a major. I have traveled from Biology to Psychology and now to English Lit. with intentions of changing again! I have been challenged with the journey of trying to discover who I am and what I want to do in life and understandably I still have no clue!

Why Are We More Contemplative About Our Future?

While there are very successful people of both genders it seems that while in the 20's in age females seem to plan more for their future. I can ask a guy "Hey where do you see yourself in 10 years?" and they may say something generic like owning their own business or designing a sneaker line. But ask them how do they plan on getting there... that would take them a minute! Then again, would this way of thinking be as harmful as we might assume? Maybe doing what we have to do now (college, classes [and for some of us] work) and focusing on the present while still being aware of our long term goals could allow for more adventure! Simply by not just limiting our abilities to what we are interested in and being open-minded enough to try new things and step out of our comfort zone.

Like many of you, I just want to be successful. I love positivity, humor and people. Music, Entertainment and Fashion are a passion. Creative Expression is God-given. I make any Moves necessary to ensure that my life involves these specific things. Girls don't always have to stick to what they know but what they can do best. 

Power Girls Make Power Moves!

Power Girls Make Power Moves is a trademark of Olori Swank. To get your Power Girls shirt go to Olori Swank.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check These Out