26 October 2011

Stick A Fork in Me???

I have never been good with relationships and anything dealing with the opposite sex; no, I am not gay or bisexual but I have always had a weird relationship with men. I grew up as a tomboy: the only girl out of 6 brothers, watching/playing wrestling, wearing Duckhead jean shorts and Jordans, and playing videogames. I have always been somewhat of a "good friend" or "homegirl" to guys. Now that I have grown up and feeling like a real authentic woman (curves and all) I want the normal renaissance man and woman relationship.


My recent boyfriend of only 5 months, is just that! You know he's not perfect (who is??) but for what I need in order to feel like a real woman he has that; The compliments, the chivalry, and the affection. Being that I'm not used to this WHATSOEVER a lot of the things he does pisses me off! I know right they all do but once again I have no idea what to do in a relationship like this so as a young, black, ambitious female when I don't have to put up with something that I feel I shouldn't I remove myself from the situation. Hence, I break-up!! 


I am a very contemplative person. So before and after I do something I'm constantly thinking about every outcome: Did I handle this in the best way possible, did I hear his side of the story, is there something more that could have been done? This time I quickly came to the conclusion that this relationship is not over! He is too good of a person.



Why Can't Women Ever Be Done?



This pertains to the unhealthy situations that women can't seem to remove their selves from. I was once in a relationship that was not satisfying nor faithful and I continued to try to make it work. It wasn't until the third time I was cheated on (did I say that!) that I had my final straw! Why can't we ever be done when we want to be done! We continue to wonder what could have been or what should have been and we neglect to look at the present situation. Sometimes women (and some men) are so afraid of being lonely that we will endeavor whatever to say that we belong to someone. Sadly enough that thought process alone is enough to keep anyone at the beck and call of another. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check These Out